CERTIFICATE IN CATHOLIC LEADERSHIP FORMATION
Human Resources Management Summer Boot Camp
July 9 – 11, 2018
9 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Pope Francis Conference Centre
650 Rossland Road West
Oshawa, ON L1J 7C4
Earn a Certificate of Completion in Catholic Leadership Formation:
Human Resources through attending the three-day HR Management Boot Camp
The Support Services department invites Principals and Vice-Principals to participate in professional learning designed to meet the needs of Catholic school leaders in the current Ontario education context.
The HR Management Boot Camp consists of five modules:
1. Legal Framework for Educators
This session provides Principals and Vice-Principals with an overview of the legislation that guides the rights and duties of administrators, staff, students and parents.
2. Legal Proceedings in Education
Principals and Vice-Principals will be provided with practical information through case studies about the type of legal matters that they may be involved in.
3. Workplace Conduct Investigations
Managing staff concerns, allegations and misconduct requires Principals and Vice-Principals to understand board/employer policies and procedures guiding workplace conduct. This workshop provides participants with current information related to harassment and bullying in the workplace and provides training as to how to conduct a workplace complaint investigation. Relevant case studies are examined.
4. Performance Management
Performance management and development is central to a school’s effectiveness and student achievement and well-being. Using a progressive measures approach, this workshop provides participants with information and resources to effectively deal with concerns related to staff performance and conduct.
5. Catholic Leadership in a Unionized EnvironmentPrincipals and Vice-Principals play increasingly important roles in Human Resource Management. This full day workshop will explore best practices, common challenges and opportunities related to topics like labour relations, contract management and performance management through case studies. Supporting effective, day-to-day relationships is a key component to success in leading in a unionized environment and will be discussed in this workshop.
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
- $250 – 3 days (non-refundable)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites (Oshawa Downtown)
67 Simcoe Street North
Oshawa, ON, L1G 4S3
Please contact Adaeze Sunny to book hotel-stay at special rates (space is limited).
Room rate - $151.50/ per night + applicable taxes