The Healthy Relationships Project (HR) is designed to provide Principals and Vice-Principals with strategies in response to cyberbullying and cyberviolence in schools and social media across the province. Resources have been developed by the provincial principals' associations, Principal Association Projects (PAP), Leadership en action (LEA), and Catholic Principals’ Leadership Development | Ontario (CPLDO), in partnership with Victim Services Toronto (VST).
Online Safety Webinars for Parents/Guardians and School Leaders
Principals and Vice-Principals are invited to send this webinar invitation to the parents/guardians of their students and to register themselves for these 1-hour webinars.
Online Safety for Grades 3 - 6: Guidelines for Parents/Guardians
In this 1-hour webinar, guest speaker Paul Davis will assist parents/guardians to:
- understand the rules for online safety
- define responsible use of technology
- and learn about digital trails, cyberbullying, picture taking and sharing
Paul will help parents understand where their kids should be online, in spaces that are safe, productive and educational. The focus will be building healthy relationships and creating positive digital citizens. Along with parents and their children, Principals and Vice-Principals will be provided with helpful resources to proactively address issues arising from online use.
Paul Davis has dedicated his 28- year career to IT/Cyber safety. Since his first presentation over nine years ago, he has spoken to over 620,000 students in four provinces and five states, along with the Ontario Provincial Police, Canada Border Services and the Department of National Defence. He provides a fact-based delivery on how parents/guardians and children can use technology safely, without falling into the pitfalls that can be associated with the Internet.
- Tuesday, June 2, 2-3 p.m.
- Thursday, June 4, 7-8 p.m. (Sign language interpretation services have been booked for this session.)
Online Safety for Grades 3 - 6 | PDF flyer
Navigating Cyberbullying and Cyberviolence for Parents/Guardians of Grade 7-12 Students
In this 1-hour webinar, guest speakers from the field of cyber safety will advise parents and their children in Grades 7 to 12 on:
- navigating the risks of cyberbullying, sexual exploitation and cyberviolence
- building healthy online relationships and safe spaces for students
- and using the internet for positive purposes
Along with parents and their children, Principals and Vice-Principals will be provided with helpful resources to proactively address issues arising from online use.
- Constable Megan McGarry, School Resource Officer, Toronto Police Services
- Kym Stadnyk, Secondary School Administrator, Toronto District School Board
- Sarah Rogers, Program Director, Victim Services Toronto
- Tuesday, June 9, 2-3 p.m.
- Thursday, June 11, 7-8 p.m. (Sign language interpretation services have been booked for this session.)
- Navigating Cyberbullying and Cyberviolence for Parents | PDF flyer
French language webinars will also be offered on these topics.
Parents/guardians will be able to register for any of the webinars, regardless of the sector in which their child is registered.