COVID-19 Update: Please note that CPCO AQ courses will continue to be offered as scheduled, transitioning face-to-face sessions to virtual platforms such as Zoom, Google Meets and/or Microsoft Teams and synchronous learning as required locally. When and if required, courses will transition to alternate scheduled dates decided collaboratively by instructors and candidates.
PQP Part 1 & 2 overview
CPCO Principal's Qualification Program is developed and delivered by practising Principals and designed to prepare candidates for the Principal's role in Ontario Catholic schools. Based on the Ontario College of Teachers guidelines, the course is current, practical and intellectually challenging.
Catholic Principals' Council | Ontario is committed to offering a program that is:
- Fully integrated with gospel values, church teaching, and the spiritual formation of the Catholic school leader of the highest professional standard
- Designed to assist candidates to develop the knowledge, skills and values to ensure their effectiveness as school leaders within the culture of their Catholic or public school boards and communities
- Current, meaningful, practical, and rigorous
- Based upon The Standards of Practice for the Teaching Profession, The Ethical Standards for the Teaching Profession, the Professional Learning Framework for the Teaching Profession and the current Ontario College of Teachers Principal's Qualification Guideline
- Developed by practising Principals and other educational experts